Digital PCR for Higher Accuracy, Sensitivity and Absolute Quantification
Digital PCR is a new approach to nucleic acid detection and quantification that offers an alternate method to conventional real-time quantitative PCR for absolute quantification and rare allele detection. Digital PCR works by partitioning a sample of DNA or cDNA into many individual, parallel PCR reactions; some of these reactions contain the target molecule (positive) while others do not (negative). A single molecule can be amplified a million-fold or more. During amplification, TaqMan chemistry with dye-labeled probes is used to detect sequence-specific targets. When no target sequence is present, no signal accumulates. Following PCR analysis, the fraction of negative reactions is used to generate an absolute count of the number of target molecules in the sample, without the need for standards or endogenous controls.
The use of a nanofluidic chip provides a convenient and straightforward mechanism to run thousands of PCR reactions in parallel. Each well is loaded with a mixture of sample, master mix, and Applied Biosystems TaqMan Assay reagents, and individually analyzed to detect the presence (positive) or absence (negative) of an endpoint signal. To account for wells that may have received more than one molecule of the target sequence, a correction factor is applied using the Poisson model.
Advantages of digital PCR
- No need to rely on references or standards
- Ability to increase precision by using more PCR replicates
- High tolerance to inhibitors
- Capability to analyze complex mixtures
- Linear detection of small-fold changes
QuantStudio 3D Digital PCR System
- A simple and affordable platform, the QuantStudio® 3D Digital PCR System produces absolute quantification data with the precision and sensitivity you need for your more demanding applications.
- The QuantStudio® 3D Digital PCR System uses a sealed chip technology, providing a streamlined, reliable, and robust method for performing digital PCR. Just load and go.
QuantStudio™ 3D Digital PCR System Package
Bring digital PCR into your lab with a QuantStudio™ 3D Digital PCR System package. This version includes everything required to start a digital PCR experiment:
• QuantStudio™ 3D Digital PCR Instrument
• QuantStudio™ 3D Digital PCR Chip Loader
• ProFlex™ 2 x Flat Block Thermal Cycler
• 96 QuantStudio™ 3D Digital PCR Chips v2
• QuantStudio™ 3D Digital PCR Master Mix v2 for 96 chips
• Warranty Service (1 year)
• 1-Day Field Applications Scientist-lead Training at Customer Site